- Substrate with 0.8 mm grain size for freshwater and marine aquariums and terrariums.
- Prevents injuries of the mucous membrane: coarse-grained, round-shaped natural sand is gentle on sensitive barbels. Ideal for digging fish, such as rays, kuhli loarch, catfish, etc.
- Ideal for fish, invertebrates and plants: no unwanted pollutants released into the water.
- Use: Spread substrate on top of the nutrient substrate (approx. 6-8 cm for vigorous plant growth). Well suited for undergravel heater cables.
- Package contents: 1 bag Sansibar River.
- The substrate is an important part of the aquarium components because a lot of animals dig in the ground to search for food.
- The plants also need a safe hold and have to absorb the food in the ground through their roots.
- Digging fish absolutely need a substrate which is not sharp-edged.
- Undergravel heating can only be recommended for medium-fine to coarse substrates because water circulation cannot really build up in very fine substrates.
- Rinse the substrate with tap water to remove any abrasion caused in transit.
- Put substrate on the nutrient substrate (JBL AquaBasis) to promote the plant growth (for vigorous growth about 6-8 cm).
- Calculation formula
- The right amount of substrate: length (cm) x width (cm) : 140 = kg substrate with 5 cm thickness.