- Prebiotic sinking aquarium fish food: dedicated dietary fibers in the food supply the positive intestinal bacteria with food for a healthy digestion
- Natural raw materials without artificial additives for a natural diet and healthy aquarium fish. Tested on JBL research expeditions in the tropics
- Very high acceptance even with choosy fish thanks to high-quality raw materials such as salmon, squid, shrimps and garlic
- With the very high quality natural astaxanthin from krill and spirulina, which ensures perfect colour formation in ornamental fish
- Package contents: original sealed, air- and light-tight, recyclable tin with click doser as feeding aid
Why is it important to feed the fish species-appropriate?
Like humans, animals can survive on little food. Both humans and fish are very capable of suffering (unfortunate certainty).
But we aquarium friends have the well-being of our animals as our goal and not only want perfectly formed colors and healthy fish, but also offspring, so that fewer animals are taken from nature. The wild taking does not (proven) pose a threat to the fish species, but of course it is nicer when the number of species caught increases.
Probiotic or prebiotic - which is better?
Probiotic foods such as Some yoghurts, for example, contain live bacterial cultures that are said to promote health, but only when consumed in large quantities. Such foods, including probiotic fish food, can easily spoil and then do the opposite. Incidentally, the positive effect on health is quite controversial.
Pre- or prebiotics are "substrates that are used selectively by host microorganisms and provide a health benefit." Scientists agree that they promote digestion and thus health. With our fish, there is another important aspect: Better digestion means that less is excreted and the water is less polluted, which means that the water stays cleaner and fewer algae problems arise. JBL adds selected yeasts to the PRONOVO feed types, which have been proven to stimulate the intestinal flora and thus have a prebiotic effect. It couldn't be healthier.
- Crude protein (38.0%)
- Fat content (6.0%)
- Crude fibre (4.0%)
- Crude ash (7.0%)